Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Books Read in 2010

Firstly, have you heard about this crazy weather we're having in the Midwest? The library has been closed for the last couple of days. Adam and I have happily stayed in most of that time :) The schools will remain closed through tomorrow. Supposedly there's more wild weather predicted for the first of next week. We shall see!

Inspired by Jeni over at heathen vegan, I have decided to post the books I read in 2010. There are many YA selections due to my job as a YA (teen) librarian and from Sept-Dec. I was a reader reviewer for the Gateway Award nominees for 2011/2012.

Though I enjoyed much of what I read, those with a * stood out a notch or two above the rest.

YA List
Reality Check - Abrahams, Peter
The Compound - Bodeen, S.A.
*Hate List - Brown, Jennifer
Because I Am Furniture - Chaltas, Thalia
**The Hunger Games - Collins, Suzanne
*After - Efaw, Amy
The Morgue and Me - Ford, John C.
If I Stay - Forman, Gayle
King of the Screwups - Going, K.L.
Brutal - Harmon, Michael B.
North of Beautiful - Headley, Justina Chen
Muchacho - Johnson, Louanne
The Otherworldlies - Kogler, Jennifer Anne
Liar - Larbalestier, Justine
Flash Burnout - Madigan, L.K.
*The Devil's Paintbox - McKernan, Victoria
Dirty Little Secrets - Omololu, C.J.
The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Pearson, Mary E.
*Life As We Knew It - Pfeffer, Susan Beth
The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Ryan, Carrie
Gray Baby - Sanders, Scott Loring
A Blue so Dark - Schindler, Holly
Shiver - Stiefvater, Maggie
The Chosen One - Williams, Carol Lynch
**Briar Rose - Yolen, Jane
Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have - Zadoff, Allen
Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
We Were Here - Matt de la Peña
*Wintergirls - Laurie Halse Anderson
Purple Heart - Patricia McCormic
Funny How Things Change - Melissa Wyatt
Fat Cat - Robin Brande
Diary of a Witness - Catherine Ryan Hyde
Paper Towns - John Green
Hold Still - Nina LaCour
*If I Grow Up - Todd Strasser

Everything Else
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
*Try - Dennis Cooper
**Let the Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist
*Rape: A Lovestory - Joyce Carol Oates
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
A Wizard of Earthsea - Ursula K. Le Guin
Savage Night - Jim Thompson
*Beasts - Joyce Carol Oates
*Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
**The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Tombs of Atuan - Ursula K. Le Guin
The Stranger - Albert Camus

Did you read any good books in 2010? Or have any great book suggestions?

Anyone else on goodreads? I think I may be addicted... Feel free to look me up!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Love your list. My husband is reading Hunger Games. I didn't know if I'd like it. A few books I like and recommend are CS Lewis's Space Trilogy , Escape by Carolyn Jessop, and Mirror Mirror. I like these anyway :)

Vegfox said...

Carissa ~ Thanks! I hope he enjoys, it's a great book. Thanks for the suggestions!