Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vegan Mofo: Raw Hot Cacao


Is there anything better on a cool autumn day than a warm cup of sweetness?

Raw Hot Cacao (inspired by Ani's Raw Food Kitchen)
This will fill two mugs, plus a little to top them off after a few sips ;)

3 c. Water
1/3 c. almonds* (or cashews)
1/3 c. dates
1/4 c. cacao nibs
touch of agave or raw coconut sugar to taste

Put all ingredients into blender* and blend for 7 minutes or until desired temperature is reached. Enjoy!

*Soak almonds for 6-8 hours ahead of time. This will make them easier to digest. They do not need to be completely dry before use in this recipe.
*I used a Vitamix for this recipe. Please let me know the results if you make this in a standard blender and I'll share the info.


6 comments:

Rose said...

So yummy and healthy too! I have to start using cacao nibs.

Vegfox said...

Thanks guys, it's wonderful!
Rose ~ Do it! I love nibs :)

Just Us said...

This sounds so good! I used to love hot chocolate! I used to drink it every day in the cold months. I love how healthy this is. I'll be making this as soon as I buy cacao nibs. Looks like I need to pull Ani's book back out too! :o)

Molly said...

I've never heard of raw hot cocoa before. This is great! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

VeganLinda said...

I have to try this!

Vegfox said...

Michelle ~ I love Ani's book and I've really only tried a few things. It's so quick and easy to whip this one up and I feel like it's better for me, so no excuses not to drink it ;)

Molly ~ When we were in Vancouver we tried a cacao espresso and hot cocoa. I was so impressed and had to try it when we got back! I used Ani's recipe for chocolate milk as a guide and just let it blend for a little longer like they did at the restaurant. It's a wonder food!

VeganLinda ~ If you love hot cocoa, do it!