Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Black Bean Brownies...bleh

A year ago we tried a black bean brownie recipe that we found online. They were awful! It could be that we substituted something that didn't work out. They were gooey...not in the good way. So many bloggers were singing odes to black bean brownies, but I was no longer interested.

We've been trying out different recipes in The Vegan Slow Cooker. Low and behold, a recipe for black bean brownies! We decided that it was worth a shot and made them. What did I discover? Nothing spectacular. These are protein-dense with a dominant banana flavor. The texture is nothing delightful. I'd much rather make a loaf of banana bread!

What about you? Has anyone had any success with a black bean recipe? (Horror stories welcome too!) 


4 comments:

Molly said...

I haven't had any success with them and have been wondering what all the fuss is about myself.....

kimberly said...

I tried to make them once and they tasted strongly of black beans which totally turned me off.

Millie said...

Cassie, I tried to add your blog to my blogroll but I don't think I have the right blog address. Can you go to my blog and leave me a note with your correct blog address....Millie

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

Vegfox said...

Well, I'm very glad that I'm not the only one! Different tastes for different folks perhaps ;)

Sure thing Millie! Thanks for the add :)