Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

December Bulk Order

Remember the Green and Crunchy blog?  It was one of my all-time favorites.  At some point the blog's author, Sheri, began sharing images of her bulk food purchases.  Adam and I had heard of a group in town and the more we saw Sheri's posts, the more we realized that it was time we got started.  Unfortunately her blog no longer exists, but her inspiration stuck with us and we have proudly bought in bulk ever since.

We don't buy nearly as much as she did, but then again there are only two of us (she fed seven!).  The extra coconut crystals are gifts for the Moms.  We've been experimenting with it lately and thought our moms might, too.  A couple of things were left out of our order, which happens occasionally.  We often put our order in the night before and I assume they run out of certain items before filling our order.  Though sometimes a little disappointing, we're happy to save on the items we do receive.

Does anyone else order in bulk? 
I'd love to hear about others' bulk buying adventures ;)      

3 comments:

Applebys Hidden Treasures said...

I also was greatly inspired by the green/crunchy gal and miss her posts. She did some bulk through Amazon and the rest through coops and other resources. Because I OBSESS to never pay full price, I am always out to find the best and read reviews on what is best/or just as..... With that being said, I am an Amazon shopper and really have found some great deals (free shipping to my door as well). Come January it will be Mama Jeans and local only, except for the coconut,flax, hemp and etc. that I will continue with Amazon......

Vegfox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

Cassie said...

It really is too bad. Maybe someday we will discover a new blog that she has created!

We buy vitamins and supplements through Amazon and I would like to do more comparative shopping for the best deals. We're the same way when it comes to shopping in town. Everything else is through Mama Jeans, Home Grown or the Farmers Market.