Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

My Blender Blues are Over, Baby


A while back I posted about our need for a new blender.  Well, we now own a Vitamix!!  It took us awhile to decide, but after an awesome $4 food processor find at a local thrift store it was hard to pass up.  These fellas are pretty pricey, as I'm sure you know, so this is our birthday and Christmas to each other.  And we are quite happy with it!

First we made Buckwheat Groat Pancakes.  We have missed these since our last blender died.  The original recipe is from this blog.  These are a great thinner, grainy pancake.  

We have had many green smoothies the last couple of weeks!  It's wonderful!  Adam was inspired by this blog for our first one.  For those who have been making these for years, perhaps it seems silly to look for a recipe.  But this is new territory for us.  Honestly I love starting off the day with one, it feels great.  But I do like to have something to munch on, too.  Generally I will eat a piece of toast or something before downing the thick, ooey greenness that are our smoothies. 
Has anyone seen Troll 2?

Every time I see food this green, I can't help but think of it. 
Nilbog brew, baby!  Drink up!


11 comments:

Gilding Lilies said...

Vitamix is the bomb! I have a green drink everyday, wouldn't want to be without it. Congratulations, what a great gadget to have.

Gilding Lilies said...

P.S. I'm so glad you like the Guerrilla Holiday idea. Please share if you do some random giving.

Carissa said...

I am so happy yo got to get a Vitamix!! I have a Blendtec and really like it! I love green smoothies too and have um all the time.

Rose said...

That's great! How fun to have a handy kitchen tool that you love. I've been thinking about the heavy duty blenders and debating...your smoothies sure do look good and smooth.

blessedmama said...

We've been talking about getting a Vitamix for a couple of years now. It's the cost that's making us hesitant. Maybe after taxes next year. Sigh. I don't blame you for checking out recipes first. I've bookmarked juicing sites for that very reason. You want to have a tasty smoothie, right?

Jill said...

Lucky you! I need to get myself a good blender. Green smoothies are amazing, but the last thing I want to think about when I'm eating them is Troll 2. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Vita. I wish I had one

VeganCraftastic said...

I'm so so so jealous of your Vitamix!!!

Kelly said...

Welcome to the Vitamix world, Cassie! I love ours but have been using it less lately--but your post might change that today! Merry Holiday to you!

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

Thanks guys, I'm very happy with it :) It's worth it. But these are definitely pricey.

Jennifer - I will definitely let you know, you have definitely inspired me!

Carissa - We are addicted to green smoothies now!

Jill - Haha! I couldn't help comparing the green quality ;) We just watched it friends recently, so it was easily on my mind.

Jenny said...

congrats on your new fun toy!!!