Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Overboard with Anxiety

I'm going to sidetrack from my current blog agenda for a more personal note.  I happened on a new blog today (Yummy Raw Kitchen) and was inspired by this post.  And because I've seen it a few times now on various blogs and think it's grand, here's an inspiring photo:
We all, at least sometimes, have issues that we would like to resolve.  Recently I was able to put a name to some of the crap I have been experiencing - ANXIETY.  And it's wonderful to know and be able to identify what's going on with you.  More and more I have realized that some of my emotions are a little out of control.  It's not the sort of thing you know about unless you live with me (I don't think).  But my mind will sometimes be constantly churning, feeling pressure that doesn't exist.  Expecting what I think others must be expecting of me.  Does that sound a little loony?  Well it is!  And recently I've determined that I'm not so sure I can just practice mind control to work it out.  So, I've been looking at herbs and vitamins that might do the trick.  My trial cure of choice (as of yesterday) is Niacinamide.  It is a vitamin and comes from niacin (vitamin B3).  I have read many good things about it and am very excited.

Today I am extremely happy because I have taken it for the first time and think it may already be helping.  Maybe it's just a quieter day for me, but some of my anxious thoughts have seemed less existent today.  And it's quite pleasant :)  Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.  It's nice to talk about.

So, what are you happy about?  (And if anyone is interested in Gluten Free cooking I would love to read your thoughts, please check out my last entry ;)

4 comments:

Jacklyn said...

I know exactly how youre feeling. Ive been feeling very stressed out lately. I was considering purchasing Bach's Rescue Remedy spray. But on the brighter side, Im happy to have such a loving boyfriend : ]

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

I've heard good things about the spray. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Ditto on the loving boyfriend happiness :) It's good to know that if nothing else, your fella's by your side.

Reading in the Dark said...

I had a lot of problems w/ anxiety during my freshman year at Truman, as I'm sure you remember. Haven't tried any "remedies" exactly, but just relaxing a lot of my typical habits has worked wonders.

I'm happy for my tiny little watermelons that are starting to grow. They're so cute! :)

Katiebrarian said...

Anxiety sucks, and at the time, it certainly never feels like it can be solved by mind control or even help from benevolent spiritual forces! Let us know how this experiment goes.