Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekly Intrigue (1)

It's the end of the week, so I'd like to pass on a few blogs that inspired or intrigued me this week. Since it was in visiting so many wonderful blogs that encouraged me to start this in the first place this is the least I can do. I will try to do this at the end of most weeks.

First, this being my first week, I would like to thank those who have encouraged me and welcomed me into the blog world.
The bloggers: Kelly (Vegan Thyme), DJ (Skint Vegan), Tough Cookie, Vegan in New England and Debra (Vegan Family Style).
And the friends who already knew me: Dana, Bobbie and fiddlewitch.
Thanks guys, it means a lot to me!

The Food
Vegan in Brighton: Vegan Cheese and Wine party? What's not inspiring about that?! These images get me exiting about the vegan potlucks I hope to have in the spring.

Herbivore Dinosaur: Baked Tofu Teriyaki on Ciabatta Rolls
Gourmet sandwiches are often appealing. They look delicious, not difficult to throw together, but extra exciting. This is one of those!

Bankrupt Vegan: Coconut Curry Quinoa
When I see curry and coconut milk combined I am hooked. This is a great looking recipe and easy to toss together. It includes quinoa, which sounds like a wonderful combination!

The Bad Vegan: Hot Reuben Dip
Reubens are one thing we've enjoyed several times in the past few weeks. But I have never had a Reuben Dip and am very intrigued with the idea.

Vegan Dance if you Want to: Banana French Toast
I love french toast. This one includes bananas and coffee, need I say more?

Seitan is My Motor: Gomba Paprikás - Mushrooms w/paprika flavored cream sauce
This sounds like a delightfully creamy dish. I would, also, like to add that this is a newer blog to me and quite wonderful. Not only do entries contain grand recipes and pictures, but these are loaded with cultural and historical information - quite an experience!


The Words
PPK: Call for Vegan bake sales for Haiti!

Thoughts of Jess Five: Another blog that's new to me that I've enjoyed reading this past week.


Feel free to let me know what you think of these and discoveries you've had this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, thanks for the shout-out! I'm really loving the blog, and I'm happy to support it! Thanks also for the same.

Happy blogging my fellow veggie!

-KC :D

Anonymous said...

I've just linked here from my friend, DJ's, blog at Skint Vegan and I've been enjoying looking at your old posts. The stuff you've been cooking and baking looks great! I read a couple of recipes out to DH and we're going to try them!
Cameron looks like a gorgeous fellow!
I'm off now to add you to my blog roll...
Penny (Scottish Vegan Homemaker - svh2.wordpress.com)

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!